SCWH Honor Roll #27 - Painting


Welcome to the SCWH Honor Roll now brought to you with love and care direct from Lantz and Matt, two dashing fellows from over at MWC!

BoLS - Tutorial on painting a Hell Dorado Blessed Warrior
HoP - HoP Idol Contestant's Tutorial for Painting
dieVincis - Finished Prussian Empire
Minis and Kits - Finished Zeus and Periphas
Smells Like Wargaming - Finished Alpha Legion Scouts & Princes of Ecstasy Terminators
Rafa Coll - Finished Baneblade
Dark Future Games - WIP Death Wing Banner


Lantz: I don't want to gush (or do I,) but SLW's Terminators are fantastic! My favorite color on the army I'd really like to have someday, but there's a lot of freehand detail put into these models that most people wouldn't take the time on (especially for those Scouts.) Speaking of detail, let's talk DFG's WIP Banner, I cannot wait to see a finished product there. I'm always impressed by the time and effort painters put into their work, partially due to the fact that I'm just awful at it myself, but looking at RC's Baneblade makes me wish I would have paid a little more attention in high school art class...

Matt: .Wow, wow and WOW! We sure do have some amazing links this week don't we Lantz?! I have to agree SLW's Termies are truly jaw dropping. And the scouts, well, what can I say about a squad of masterpieces?? Oh I know, they rock! Onto the Dark Future Gamings Deathwing Banner, just like Lantz I'm in awe and absolutely cant wait to see it finished!

Mike and John's additions for this week's Honor roll are:

John : I like Samson Minis' Ultramarine Dred and Wolf Priest. and John's Toy Soldiers' Ancient Germans

Mike: for some reason unbeknown to us, Google chose Santa Cruz Warhammer as the Blog of Note this last wednesday, which you can see here. Since wed we had over 4000 visits from complete strangers, checking out our little nook of the world (and lots of spam). Strange...

Matt: I have to chime in here and say Santa Cruz more then deserved the recognition that Blog of Notes has given! Grats to such a great team and to a blog much deserving for it!


Lantz: It looks like I got in on the writing team just in time to reap the benefits!


As always: if you care about your fellow bloggers and their work, please link the Honor Roll on your blog. Grab the jpg from this post and use this link underneath:


much appreciation!

Comments

  1. Congratulations on being a Blog of Note today. It's about damn time some geek love took place!

    (If you'd like, I have some Dark Heresy fiction up over at my fiction blog. Feel free to come check it out.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thanks guys! I'm honored to get such praise and comments on my work! Hopefully I'll have the Terminators done next week!

    Granesh

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS on being chosen a Blog of Note! I'm glad I found your site!!

    Steve
    Common Cents
    http://www.commoncts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. the honor goes to all of you inspiring others with your modeling. that why we have the honor roll! keep it coming

    Mike
    SCWH

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment