The Bishkek 2nd Basilisk: part 1, the start of a big project

For a couple of years I have been wanting to try my hand on a larger diorama with a detachable Basilisk for game play. My ideas have been fairly clear: it's modeled on a 88 mm battery with a large camo net over the whole bunker/trench like surroundings. I went online and found some interesting images of the 88 mm, check them out. Looks a lot like the Basilisk...
Here's an old 'studio' image
Here's a shot of the gunners. They look very, very young...
and this is from 1945. I want to use this as my starting point. I like the cylinders with all the ammo in it and I like how the stabilizers have been buried under plating. That will make it easier to create a model that I can just pull out for the occasional game. This gun also has the protective plating.
and this how I start a project usually..
Hope you all can stay with me on this one!

Mike

Comments

  1. This looks like it's going to be fun. Count on me to stay with you on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. finally some news about the bishkek 2nd!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For the ol' Bishkek 2nd, eh?
    This is gonna be great! Looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to this. I've recently modified a basilisk for my traitor guard to serve double duty as a basilisk or medusa.

    There are not enough examples of guard ordnance on the web so this will be a welcome example.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment