Some Finished Storm Wardens, Blood Talons

I think these are done for now, some last details were added and the Secret Weapon bases painted.

First the Captain, leader of the detachment.
He started life as a metal Dark Angels figure which I removed lots of stuff from with a Dremel tool. The shield was fantasy chaos and then modified to match the chapter symbol. The iron halo was from a plastic servo skull.

Up next is the Land Speeder, shown with most of the weapons mounted and not codex legal. All the weapons are removable, and there is also a heavy bolter. I got rid of some of the fiddly bits and smoothed it out quite a bit.
2 models down and plenty to go.

I have also been messing around with some Blood Angels stuff, here is some in progress pics of some Dred. blood talons.

These arms are from the Ironclad Dred. , after steeling these you have plenty left for the Ironclad.

I trimmed off the ribbed part on the right arm, to match the left.

I used these Nid claws from a Gaunt.

I cast up some fists, but these are the same as the plastic ones. I used a file to notch the fingers to take the claws.

I will fit them to the arms with a little spacer, and they will go to my Death Company Furioso, for some close combat devastation.

last, a test of a Dark Angels assault marine with a new winged jump pack

don't hate, I still love them even with a broken codex, and the new Twilight/Blood Angels, emo, sexy vampire trend is fine, but I still dig the original goth, inner struggle of the first angels chapter.

John

Comments

  1. There's alot to like about this post.
    1.)Excellent work on the Storm Wardens project.
    2.)Fascinating conversion on the Dred (casting fists you say?).
    3.)Personally, I love when somebody sticks with a chapter/army through thick & thin, and I'm glad you can milk some fresh looks for you Dark Angels from the new BA bits. Well done, sir. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "don't hate, I still love them even with a broken codex, and the new Twilight/Blood Angels, emo, sexy vampire trend is fine, but I still dig the original goth, inner struggle of the first angels chapter."

    :chest thump:

    Respect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you think the Dark Angel would look with the wings painted black/dark gray? I thought that would look pretty neat.

    The Storm Warden captain looks great, as does the land speeder.

    The Dread conversion is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blood talon conversion is wonderful. I am going to give that a try. I love the bases for the storm wardens! I makes me want to paint up a squad as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment