Custom Storm Wardens Dice from Chessex


When we started talking about the Storm Wardens army project, I had the idea that I wanted the army to have some nice individual touches that were just super cool.

I buy dice that have colors to match my armies, I have slimy green dice for my Nurgle guys and Orcs, and bone colored dice for my Deathwing. I think it's cool to throw down some special dice when you unpack your army and get ready for a game, it shows other players that you are proud of this army and its not just some whatever list you threw together for a game and it keeps you from mixing up dice with other players.

I buy dice from Chessex. They have the best variety, you can get them everywhere and the price is right.

I went online to find some Storm Wardenish colors, and found some nice swirly silver/blue that I liked. Then I noticed that they offered custom logos. I knew we had to have that for these special dice, but I was afraid it might be too expensive for us or require a minimum order of a thousand dice or something.

I clicked the link and was surprised to see that this was not the case and custom logo dice were affordable (an extra dollar per die) and available in smaller numbers (as few as 10), so it was on! I was going to buy these and try to have them ready for the Army drawing.

I sent off an email and got in touch with Joseph at Chessex, told him what we were up to, and he offered up 2 sets of 16mm dice with the chapter logo in place of sixes, 24 custom dice free of charge to add to the Storm Wardens Charity prize pack. They showed up just a few days later, and were even cooler than imagined.


Think of how great it will be when these things roll sixes, and the opposing player sees those shields stacking up. I wonder if the extra material removed from the six face has lightened it up just enough to get those sixes to show up a little more often?

I now want to get a custom made set for all my armies for those "special" rolls.

If you want some custom dice for your army, gaming group, or for a killer gift for that gamer buddy that has everything, get in touch with Joseph and the fine people at Chessex, and order up a set, you will be glad you did.

If you do contact them, tell them we sent you and say thanks for supporting this project, it lets them know that their donation was not wasted, and was appreciated.

And keep contributing to the Storm Wardens Project and try to win that Army! Check out the link on the right.


John


Comments

  1. Have I mentioned yet how totally awesome it is being involved in this project? No? Yeah, this f-ing ROCKS!!!!

    Thanks for setting this up and getting me, and Secret Weapon Miniatures, in on the action.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been curious about custom dice for a while... you've answered all my questions here! Thank you! I'll be giving Chessex a call.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look really nice! Keep it up and kudos to Cheesex.

    I'd be curious about the %'s though. I know normal Cheesex dice roll 1's more than average and think the extra material taken out on the 6 side would heighten this. Roll them 200 times and let us know! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. So after extensive research(and driving the cat crazy)the dice seem to roll completely randomly, showing no favor to 6s or 1s.

    John
    Santa Cruz Warhammer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Might order some then <3.

    Yes cat do indeed go nuts over dice. I had my carrying collection (in their little cases out) and boy did she try and get to them...never seen her so active.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking dice! I've been thinking about picking up some custom dice myself. I'll have to send Chessex an email.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow you guys are really going all out on this. Is it too late to help out with this?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Drath-

    Drop us an email(top left of the page) and we will see if we can get you on board.

    John
    Santa Cruz Warhammer

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool, I have sets of block dice of appropriate colour for each blood bowl team I have, but this is next level.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment