Space Wolf Fenris Wolf Riders from MaxMini


Today I received a box from MaxMini and was happy to find the new Wolf Mount model enclosed.

We have been feeding you info about this model for a while, but I now have it in my hands and am able to give it a real good going over.

Due to the length of the model, I threw it on a bike base, but it should also fit on the round base, with a bit of hanging off. I found that in this casting the mounting foot was a bit too high up to mount to the base, but since it is a resin casting a quick dip in some hot water and it was easy to bend down just a bit to get it where I wanted it.

I added some Space Wolf Marine bits on it to try it out as a Fenris Wolf Mount, so you can get an idea of how it will look with a rider.

Also in the box was a set of the new feral heads, one of which I also added to the rider.

As you can see, looks pretty good and the scale is great for giant wolves. Make sure you click on the pictures for some nice big photos.






These models are available direct from MaxMini, and I am sure some of you Space Wolves players will be ready for them.

Here is a closeup of the riders legs bit of the model, which can be used as well as a bit with just the fur. There will be a some small gaps at the leg joint and " saddle area" that you may want to fill using greenstuff which should be easy to blend into the fur of the casting.


The little tail bit in front of the legs is part of the plastic marine torso.

I hope these pictures with a space marine mounted will answer some of the questions you may have had about this model, and at 15 EU or $22, I think it's a great model.

So what do you think?

John


Comments

  1. SWEET! I have got to order a pack or two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Kool! Although I'm not sure if I like the head of the wolf, but I'm unsure what it is about it that bugs me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That model seems like a decent model to use as a Thunderwolf Cavalry model, however I have one gripe:

    The wolf has no shoulders. Or fur near the base of the neck. It messes up the shape of the model in my eyes. That and 15 euroes at this exchange rate is 23 dollars plus 5 for airmail makes the model cost 28 dollars just to order one to test...

    Decent model, just wish it was more affordable and had some meat on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it looks great..! I also made order from maxmini... Not the wolf, but some Steam Knight helmets and feral heads + other stuff... The bits look great on marines :) High quality I think!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a good looking model but I have to agree it is a bit pricey for how small it is. I was expecting it to be a bit bigger, the GW one is going to dwarf it.

    Also, I have to agree about the head/neck join, their is something lacking there. I think it may be that the armor plating around the neck is some what lacking. Personally if I was to purchase some of these I would probably resculpt the armor or just sculpt fur over it.

    I think in the long run this could be a great model and you could build a good diverse squad of Thunder Wolf cav from it. However It would take a lot more GS work then most people are willing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Still looking to see it painted, please.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My brother has a collection of those miniature wolves and I can say they are better than miniatures on the article, because those don't have more colors.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment