The last Mech Rough Rider...with flamers!


I have been working on my Mech Rough Riders for a while now; here is the link to the ones done. I never felt that the horsemen looked very realistic and always had a vision of them being mechanized. Here's my last one, a kitbashed Mech Rough Rider with a flamer, not the usual lance. This time I used a model from Micro Arts as the basis for this kitbash.
I figured the flamer is actually quite handy. The lances can only be used once and after that the Rough Riders are pretty much defenseless. Having a flamer nearby gives the group an option to soften up the enemy before getting into close combat. Although it lookes like it should be twin linked, that rule doesn't apply in the game.
The servitor model comes from the Witch Hunter retinue. It's a great sculpt and I felt bad cutting him in half.
For the tank on the back I used the bit from the basilisk kit. To connect the servitor to the barrel, I used base guitar string that John gave me. The little round exhaust on his back is a part from a space marine jet pack. Some green stuff was required to finish all of it off.
Here is the painted version.
That skull on the back of the tank comes from the Basilisk sprues.
The base is from back2baseix.

Hope you liked the Mechanized Rough Riders from the Bishkek 2nd Desert Raiders.

Mike

Attn!! Next Post will be the 4th Give Away at Santa Cruz Warhammer! We will be giving away some awesome West Wind heads for IG or Traitor IG! Stay tuned!

Comments

  1. dude this is one awesome conversion!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That lot are some of the craziest most awesome things I have ever seen

    What a hoot.

    Keep it up.

    Pom

    ReplyDelete
  3. These just keep getting better. And this one really speaks binaric to me :P

    Seeing these, I decided to try my hand at making one. I had the Iron Brotherhood mini-tank servitor, but didnt care for the arms. So I went looking for other options.

    Ended up cutting off the exhust's of a Marine Backpack for the shoulder ball joints, then using the arms from the Pit Slave Necrominda Box set. The arms fit perfectly over the vent grill.

    If you make more this is an option you might look into.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Alan, how about a picture of your model! add the link in the comments if you can or email it to mike.tess@charter.net
    Mike at SCW

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment