The finished Chaos Sorcerer with Custom Decals


I finished the Chaos Sorcerer that was the center of my experiments with the custom decals that you can find here
I found this model in a sale bin for 5.95. Too bad, since it is an exquisite model that can truly give you the creeps. I don't even play Chaos but I had to do something with this one.
The only problem was the barding of the horse which looked just like a normal old style bretonnian horse and that didn't seem too Chaos to me. So with green stuff I added bits of skin and bone to the barding to make it look more scary.

Here are the pictures:


the back

here are 2 side shots


Here's the added green stuff

I worked on the base a bit, this is what it looked like unprimed

here it is painted, also a good shot of the skin flaps on the barding

For me this is my new way of modeling. I find a model that looks great and I will lovingly spend hours on it. I don't really know what to do with it now, so maybe it will become a gift..
Mike

Comments

  1. Nice job on this one.

    Good choice on adding more "effects" to the otherwise plain armour on the horse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!!
    thats pretty much all i have to say about that.
    Excellent work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. really nice work. Love the banner and the conversion.

    There is a mold line on the raised leg of the horse though, it's highlighted by the gray paint (drybrushed?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ouch. I see that mold line there...I didn't see that before. It's funny how bad models can look when you photograph them up close.
    Next time I will do better and thanks for the vigilance. I am striving for better and aiming higher with my models so this is well taken
    Mike at SCW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I will be able to do that...

    Excellent job!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment